End of Summer Cookout
Labor Day weekend is a celebration of the end of summer. School is back in session, no more sand between your toes, and traffic has started to wane. Life starts to get back to normal. Let's go out with a bang --- here are some ideas on how you can create a championship menu.
Here are some tasty nibblers that will have your friends, family, and loved one toasting you for a Labor Day feast to remember.
- Fresh Grilled Oysters: Our oysters are harvest from the pristine waters of the Damariscotta river. Maine oyster farmers obsess about every stage of the lifecycle of an oyster. That's Maine is considered top places in the world for this trendy delicacy. Try our Grilled Oyster Recipe >
- Grilled Lobster Tails: Split lobster tails on the grill are great for cookouts. Super easy to prepare and ready in 5 - minutes! CLICK HERE for lobster tail grilling tips >
- Scallop Bites: Fresh Maine scallops, seared to a golden brown and resting on a freshly cooked parmasean crisp. Heaven in your mouth. CLICK HERE to view recipe >
- Bacon-wrapped Lobster Bites: Bacon. Lobster. A Grill. Do I really need to say more? CLICK HERE to view recipe >
- Lobster Claws: how about somme lobster claws that are bigger than your hand? CLICK HERE to learn how to cook these rare delicacies.
- Lobster Rolls: why wait in line in the heat when you can have your lobster rolls delivered? CLICK HERE to learn how easy it is to prepare our Maine Lobster Roll Kit.
- Lobster Tails: Grilled, baked, steamed, boiled --- any which way you do, lobster tails take any plate up a notch. CLICK HERE for the best tips for preparing lobster tails.
- Live Lobsters: wild caught in the morning --- delivered to your door the next morning --- you cannot get any fresher. CLICK HERE to learn how to cook live lobsters at home.
- Egg was found by Mary from Louisiana at 1:22 PM on 4/6.
Around here, it’s all about the Whoopie (not that!) --- Whoopie Pies. A whoopie pie is like a sandwich, but made with two soft cookies with a fluffy white filling. Traditional ones are made with vegetable shortening, not butter. The original and most commonly made whoopie pie is chocolate.