How to Cook Huge Lobster Claws
What is the best way to cook a lobster claw the size of a "regular" whole lobster?
---Lobster meat is delicate...timing is everything.
---Know the weight. Lobster meat is timed by the pound.
---Look for "RED" 👉🏼Red and Ready!
---These claws are blanched and flash frozen.
Method #1: Boil Your Huge Lobster Claw
- Be sure to allow your lobster claw to fully thaw. 24 hours in the fridge, or run under cold water for 30 - 45 mins.
- Using a deep pot, bring water to a boil.
- Boil for 12 mins for 1 LB 👉🏼Claw in the photo is 1-LB. Add 3 minutes for every extra pound.
- When you drop the lobster claw in the boiling water, do not start your timer until the water is fully boiling again.
- Use tongs to take the claw out of the boiling water and set aside.
- Allow to cool before cracking.
Method #2: On The Grill
When I use the grill, I love to use foil!
- Be sure the Gigantic Lobster Claw is fully thawed.
- Get 2 sheets of foil
- Lay Gigantic Lobster Claw on sheet one.
- Cut some lemons and sprinkle a little sea salt.
- Wrap up the claw, flip and place on foil sheet #2.
- Wrap tightly.
- Spark the grill...keep it on high.
- Once grill is warmed up, place Gigantic Lobster Claw in foil on the grill (upper tier if you have that).
- Close the grill and count to 1200, or set timer for 20 minutes for a 1-LB claw. Add 5 minutes for every extra pound in size.
- Use tongs to remove claw from grill. Allow to cool.
Tools to Have Handy:
- Heavy Chef Knife
- Deep pot
- Long tongs
- Aluminum foil
- Lots of newspaper (can get a little messy)
- Camera 👉🏼you're gonna want to take some pics
Now...How the heck are you going to crack this Gigantic Lobster Claw? CLICK HERE to find out.