NOTE: as of 10/21 - all .9 - 1.2 LB lobster claws will arrive pre-cooked and frozen. Upon thawing, steam for 5 minutes to serve hot.
What is the best way to cook a lobster claw the size of a "regular" whole lobster?
---Lobster meat is delicate...timing is everything.
---Know the weight. Lobster meat is timed by the pound.
---Look for "RED" 👉🏼Red and Ready!
Method #1: Boil Your Huge Lobster Claw
- Be sure to allow your lobster claw to fully thaw. 24 hours in the fridge, or run under cold water for 30 - 45 mins.
- Using a deep pot, bring water to a boil.
- Boil for 12 mins for 1 LB 👉🏼Claw in the photo is 1-LB. Add 3 minutes for every extra pound.
- When you drop the lobster claw in the boiling water, do not start your timer until the water is fully boiling again.
- Use tongs to take the claw out of the boiling water and set aside.
- Allow to cool before cracking.
Method #2: On The Grill
When I use the grill, I love to use foil!
- Be sure the Gigantic Lobster Claw is fully thawed.
- Get 2 sheets of foil
- Lay Gigantic Lobster Claw on sheet one.
- Cut some lemons and sprinkle a little sea salt.
- Wrap up the claw, flip and place on foil sheet #2.
- Wrap tightly.
- Spark the grill...keep it on high.
- Once grill is warmed up, place Gigantic Lobster Claw in foil on the grill (upper tier if you have that).
- Close the grill and count to 1200, or set timer for 20 minutes for a 1-LB claw. Add 5 minutes for every extra pound in size.
- Use tongs to remove claw from grill. Allow to cool.
Tools to Have Handy:
- Heavy Chef Knife
- Deep pot
- Long tongs
- Aluminum foil
- Lots of newspaper (can get a little messy)
- Camera 👉🏼you're gonna want to take some pics
Now...How the heck are you going to crack this Gigantic Lobster Claw? CLICK HERE to find out.
Ready for your own Gigantic Lobster Claw Experience? GET YOURS 👈