As the saying goes, "There's more than one way to skin a cat." There's also more than one way to crack a GIGANTIC Lobster Claw.
Method #1: Wooden Mallet
- Have patience, it will take a few whacks.
- Hopefully you have more than one mallet, as you may break the first one.
- You will get messy, be sure not to wear your favorite shirt.
Method #1: Heavy Chef Knife
- Be sure it's heavy. The claw is super-thick and will take some force.
- Count on about 3-5 whacks.
- Again, do not wear your favorite shirt.
- See video below for "where" to whack!
UPDATE: We had some folks place the claw inside a ziplock and use a dough roller pin...GENIUS!
Handy Tools To Have Available:
- Heavy Chef Knife
- Kitchen Shears
- Lots of newspaper
- Cutting board