Only 4% of businesses actually make it to their 10-year anniversary. I take a lot of pride in making it this far, and look forward to writing our 20-year anniversary letter.
5 Reasons Why I Think We Made it:
- We’re obsessed with customer experience, which leads to repeat sales.
- We don’t sell it if we don’t love it.
- We got lucky: we have faced some HUGE obstacles and climbed over them.
- We listen and observe: I believe listening is the most important thing any business owner can do. Through listening and observation, one can make better predictions.
- Great people: from the GML team, to the people we partner with, to our loyal customers --- it’s the people that you surround yourself with that elevate you.
Our New Vision
Re-design how people discover, acquire, and experience premium foods...beginning with lobster.
Personally, I think we are the most apt to take on this task. Nothing is more difficult than navigating the sale and delivery of live Maine lobsters --- from dock to doorstep. With that, we have collected a vast amount of knowledge over the years, which positions us to engineer the optimal infrastructure to connect people all over the world with the finest foods available.
How Do We Do That
It’s no small feat. It’s going to take some collective thought, massive amounts of engineering, and a lot of blood, sweat, and tears. However, we are up to the task.
We live in an amazing time. The world is getting smaller. Tech is getting bigger. And, everything is moving faster. Despite the rapid advancements we are experiencing around us, we still believe our fondest memories happen around the dinner table. How do we connect more people, with exceptional foods, at a faster rate, with more convenience, and make it super simple to enjoy? Those are the questions we will be obsessing over for the next 10 years.
In the meantime, you can count on us to deliver the world’s finest lobster --- direct from dock to doorstep --- and we will treat you like family along the way. We hope you will continue with us on our journey. You are a big part of our success and we have much gratitude for you. With that, I leave you with this quote from Maya Angelou;
“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
Founder, Chief Curator