Makes 10 servings
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 2 each onions, sliced 1/8” thick
- 4 each garlic cloves, minced
- 2 each jalapeno, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 6 cups Italian plum tomatoes, chop in large pieces
- 2 cups kidney beans, cooked & drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- To taste salt
- 4 ounces green chili peppers
- 2½ pounds Maine Lobster meat, cooked, cold smoked
- Place the bacon in a large pot or Dutch oven and cook over medium heat until just crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and reserve, leaving rendered fat. Add onions to bacon fat. Lower heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes or until they are soft.
- Stir in garlic, jalapeños, and chili powder and cook five minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes (with their liquid), beans, oregano, cumin, vinegar, and salt.
- Simmer mixture for 20-30 minutes until it thickens slightly. For a smokey flavor add 2 tsp liquid smoke to lobster, toss and add to chili.
- Add the reserved bacon, green chilies, and Maine Lobster. Simmer for 2-3 minutes longer.
Score some perfectly cooked Maine lobster meat and prepare your chili the easy way!