Scallops, lettuce, spicy mayo, baguette
Who wouldn't want a touch of cajun cooking in their life?
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 5 minutes
CATEGORIES Cajun, Sandwich, Scallops
DIFFICULTY LEVEL Sometimes the simpler, the better.
Scallops, patted dry and halved if large ½ lbs
- Spicy mayo ½ cup
- Bread crumbs, dried and ground ¼ cup
- AP flour 1 tbsp
- Paprika ¼ tsp
- Lettuce, shredded 1 cup
- Tomato, sliced 1 ea
- Lemon wedges 2 ea
- Baguette, split lengthwise 1 ea
- Hot sauce 1 bottle
- Salt and white pepper t.t.
- Mayo 1 cup
- Cayenne small pinch
- Paprika ½ tsp
- Garlic powder ½ tsp
- Onion powder ½ tsp
- Black pepper ½ tsp
- Chili powder ½ tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and store.
- Pat scallops dry on a paper towel.
- In a mixing bowl combine bread crumbs, flour, paprika, a pinch of salt and a few cracks of black pepper.
- Add the scallops into the bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- In a high walled saute pan(sauteuse) add about ½ cup of canola oil. Heat over medium high heat. Once the oil has a shimmer to it and is hot carefully add in the scallops and begin to brown them. Flip them occassionally. You want them to be an even golden brown. This should only take 3-5 minutes. Remove the scallops from the pan with a slotted spoon and transfer them to a plate with paper towels to soak up some of the excess oil. Season with a sprinkle of salt evenly. Remove the oil from the heat and let cool before disposing of it.
- Toast the baguette in an oven or table top toasted.
- Spread the spicy mayo on both sides of the bread and layer with lettuce, tomato and fried scallops.
- Cut bageutte in half to create two delicious sandwiches and serve with a lemon wedge and hot sauce.
- Mixing bowl
- Slotted spoon
- Crisp up some bacon and add it into the mix! Or make a nice bacon jam and use that in place of the spicy mayo.