- 2 (1.5 pound) Maine lobsters (or, our perfectly cooked lobster meat)
- 1 uncooked 12 inch pizza shell (homemade is great)
- 3/4 cup Roasted Garlic Pesto (recipe below) or favorite store brand
- 4 tablespoons chevre cheese
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, cut in half moon
Roasted Garlic Pesto:
- 1 large garlic bulb
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces pine nuts
- 6 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 firmly packed cups fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
Cook and pick your Maine Lobster. Place shell on pizza stone or pan and spread on the garlic pesto. Place pepper rings around the shell and top with the chevre cheese and Maine lobster meat. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Roasted Garlic Pesto (Make Ahead)
Slice off the top of the garlic bulb, rub with oil and wrap it in foil. Roast in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to an hour. Remove and set aside. Place pine nuts and half of the Parmesan in a food processor and pulse 4 or 5 times. Remove the garlic from the foil and squeeze the pulp out of the cloves into the food processor. Add the basil leaves and pulse 3 or 4 more times. Add the remaining Parmesan and the rest of the oil and pulse 4 times or until smooth.