We were blown away when we saw this recipe, created by our friends at KneadGod. Rich Maine Lobster. Sweet Orange Sauce. Crunchy Tempura-inspired Batter. These Orange Maine Lobster Bites are a tastebud's dream! And with only around 35 minutes total time commitment needed to create these beauties, you'll be enjoying this recipe in no time.
Delicious recipe courtesy of KneadGod; Serves 3
Start with four large 5-6 oz. Maine Lobster Tails (cut into bite-size pieces). Lightly season lobster with garlic powder, old bay, and honey powder to taste. Set aside.
- 3 Tablespoons (44ml) Orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) Pineapple juice
- 4 Tablespoons (59ml) Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (44ml) Mirin
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons (44ml) Tomato ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) Hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) Kikkoman soy sauce
- Dash dark soy sauce
- Dash sesame oil
- 1/8 Teaspoon (0.62ml) White pepper powder
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- ¼ Teaspoon (1.23ml)
- Minced ginger and garlic (cook first)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Corn starch to thicken the sauce
- Hot pepper oil to taste
Fry Batter Ingredients
- ¼ Cup (59ml) Rice Flour
- ½ Cup (118ml) Corn Starch
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon White pepper
- To make the sauce: Heat wok and add½ tablespoon oil. Put in ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Put all sauce ingredients in a wok and bring to a boil. Slowly add corn starch and water mixture to thicken.
- Set sauce aside.
- Combine and mix batter ingredients.
- Heat oil to 375°
- Lightly coat seasoned lobster pieces with flour mixture.
- Place lobster bites carefully into the oil & fry until nice and crispy
- Toss cooked lobster bites in sauce. Serve immediately & enjoy!