Old Bay Haddock
"Don’t be fooled by the thought that Old Bay is only for crab - and don't be fooled thinking that all you will taste is Old Bay in this fantastic way to liven up that sweet and buttery Maine Haddock. When working with this recipe, I thought of what other flavors classically pair with Old Bay Crab cakes and thought of fresh lemon and pepper. With a little tweaking, we had a bright and refreshing way to enjoy some haddock.” -Chef MacKenzie (2-time Maine Lobster Chef of the Year)
IngredientsThe Maine Event
- Haddock Fillet: 2 ea
- Old Bay: 1 tsp
- Black Pepper: ⅓ tsp
- Lemon Zest: ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice: squeeze from ¼ lemon
- Bread crumbs: ¼ cup
- Butter, unsalted: 2 Tbsp
- Optional: White Wine: 1 Tbsp
- Salt & Freshly ground black pepper: as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lay the haddock fillets on a sprayed baking sheet and squeeze a little lemon juice & wine over each.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and seasoning in a bowl and then top each fillet with the mixture.
- Cube up the butter and scatter it on top of the fillets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the fish is opaque & warmed through.