My family loves my tacos. Every Tuesday is taco night and the most requested taco my famous fish tacos (well, famous in my house anyway). Here's what I do...
- Your favorite fish (I do salmon, cod, or haddock)
- Tortillas (small ones)
- Red onion
- Brocoli slaw
- Salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic salt
- Spicy jack cheese
- For the Sauce: sour cream, mayo, hot sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 425
- Lay our some parchment
- Place the fish fillets on the parchment
- Drizzle some olive oil, sprinkle, salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic salt
- Put a dab of butter in the middle of the fish
- Bake for 15 minutes or so...check temp of fish to make sure it done.
- Two parts sour cream and one part mayo
- Add Garlic salt (tsp), Whole lime juice, and hot sauce (as much or as little as you prefer)
- Mix thoroughly
- Taste and make sure you love it!
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and bake with the fish
- Cube avocado
- Dice the red onions
- Shred the cheese
Bringing it home:
Personally, I like the brocoli slaw on the bottom. Then I add in this order:
- Red onion
- Finish with the sauce on top.
Special tip: make more than you think you are going to need. They will come for seconds, and likely thirds!