Mark's Curry Lobster Roll
Curry, cilantro and lime juice zest things up in this unique take on the Maine lobster roll. We've also added some shaved fennel and carrots for a bit of refreshing crunch to liven things up. CLICK HERE for prep video
- 1 c. cooked Maine lobster meat, cut into large chunks
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1/2 small bulb fennel
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- Ice water
- The juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- Cayenne pepper or Tabasco, to taste (optional)
- 2 brioche rolls or hot dog buns
- Using a mandoline, slice the celery, fennel and carrot as thinly as possible and place in a bowl of ice water for 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are soaking in ice water, toast the curry powder in a dry skillet for 1 minute on medium heat, or until fragrant. Mix the lobster meat, creme fraiche, shallot, curry powder, a pinch of lime zest, and cayenne or Tabasco (if using) in a bowl. Season with sea salt and set aside.
- Remove the vegetables from the ice water and pat dry with towels. Place the vegetables and chopped cilantro in a bowl and dress with olive oil, 1 teaspoon lime juice and seas salt.
- Split and toast the brioche or hot dog buns. Stuff with 1/2 the lobster meat mixture and a small handful of the shaved vegetables.
Pairs well with: Champagne, Gewurtztraminer, ice cold beer.