This recipe is super-easy to make and my #1 preferred way to enjoy a lobster roll --- this savory delight will have your guests reaching for more.
- Perfectly cooked lobster meat
- Salt and Pepper
- Full-fat butter
- Fresh tarragon (chopped)
- New England split-top buns (your favorite local bun will work too)
- Place lobster meat in a colander and allow to sit.
- Brown Butter: in a saucepan on medium heat, melt 2 sticks of butter. The key making brown butter is to constantly stir so that it does not burn. You will see the butter turn a caramel color --- it's done!
- Use that same sauce pan to grill the outside of your bun --- this very important --- nothing like a bun grilled on the outside and warm on the inside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the lobster meat and brown butter --- stir thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper and add tarragon. Tarragon is a strong herb. I would use 1 tbl per 1 lb of meat.
- Once your buns are perfectly grilled on the outside, add lobster meat.
Important Note: I would prepare extra. These are going to go fast and your guests will want more than 1!