Maine Surf and Turf Burger
Courtesy of ROBIN BASHINSKY at Coastal Living.
Bring a little Maine to your next burger...piling on fresh Maine lobster meat!
- 6 ounces chopped cooked lobster (from 1 steamed 8-oz. tail)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped bread-and-butter pickle chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
Prepare the lobster salad: Combine all lobster salad ingredients in a bowl, and stir to mix well. Chill until ready to use.
Prepare the burgers: Combine beef, salt, and pepper. Form into 4 (1/3-inch-thick) patties.
Preheat grill to high (450°F to 500°F). Place burgers on oiled grates, and grill, uncovered, 2 minutes. Turn; top each with 1 cheese slice, and grill until cheese starts to melt, about 2 minutes.
Place a lettuce leaf on each bottom roll half. Top with burger, lobster salad, bacon, and top halves of rolls.