Maine Lobster Quesadillas
Courtesy of Maine Lobster Marketing Collaborative | Serves 6
What could be more indulgent than a cheesy, perfectly toasty quesadilla? When you add succulent Maine Lobster to the mix! If you love quesadillas, this recipe is a must.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, plus more for skillet
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound cooked Maine lobster meat, in chunks
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Monterey jack, mozzarella, cheddar, or Mexican blend)
- Guacamole, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Tomatoes, for serving
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the lobster and taco seasoning and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until warmed through.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and combine with green onions. Wipe out the skillet.
- Place the tortilla on your work surface. Sprinkle one side with a bit of cheese and top with lobster mixture. Fold in half.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray or brush with about 1 teaspoon oil.
- Place a filled tortilla on the pan and cook the tortilla for about 3 minutes or until the bottom is golden. Carefully flip the quesadilla and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the second side is golden and the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining quesadillas. Allow each to cool for a few minutes before cutting into 3-4 pieces. Serve with sour cream, guacamole and tomatoes or salsa, as desired.