Lobster, endive, gruyere, apple, curry
A savory panini for the ages.
- PREP TIME 5 minutes
- COOK TIME 5 minutes
- CATEGORIES Sandwich, Snack, Party idea
- DIFFICULTY LEVEL Ever make a sandwich? If yes, then you can make this.
- Lobster, claw knuckle, cooked and chopped 1/3 lbs
- Ciobatta bread, halved 2 ea
- Curry mayo 2 Tbsp
- Endive, seperated into leaves 1 ea
- Apple, 1/8 inch slices 1 ea
- Grueyere, sliced 4 slices
- Butter. Room temp. ~3 Tbsp
- Salt and FGBP t.t.
- Curry Mayo
- Mayonaise 1 cup
- Curry powder 2 tsp
- Cayenne pepper t.t.
- Lemon juice ¼ tsp
1. In a small bowl add the mayo and sprinkle in your curry while whisking to full incorporate.
2. Store in a jar or pint container, refrigerated.
1. On each side of the bread spread a layer of your curry mayo.
2. Add a piece of cheese to each side, this is a protective layer so it will melt fully and not dry out the lobster meat.
3. On one side layer the endive.
4. Place an even layer of the lobster mix on the endive and top with your apple slices.
5. For perfect sandwich construction you want a bit of everything in each bite.
6. Butter the outsides of the sandwich and season with salt.
7. If you have a panini press then lucky you! Skip the next step by cooking your sandwich as you would any other panini in the press.
8. In a non stick pan heat 1 Tbsp of oil over medium heat. Add the sandwich into the pan and brown as you would a grilled cheese. Once the first side is nice and golden brown carefully flip the sandwich and brown the other side. At this point I like to use a heavier pan or something to press the sandwich down. Once the other side is brown and the sandwich is heated through. Note you do not want the lobster meat hot but warm. At the same time you want the cheese melted.
9. Remove from the pan and slice to your preference. I personally enjoy cutting all of my sandwiches in triangular quarters. I think it makes them taste better even though it does absolutely nothing different for the taste. Oh and why are you still reading and not taking a bite of that delicious sandwich! Enjoy.
- Small pan OR Panini press, foreman grill, etc.
- Small bowl
- Pint container/jar
Pickle some shallots and add those in to the mix.