It’s easy to make this festive Maine Lobster Paella when you use a whole frozen Maine Lobster.
- Garlic cloves, coarsely chopped, 3 ea.
- Sweet onion, cut into large dice, 1 ea.
- Celery rib, including leaves, chopped, 1 ea.
- Poblano pepper, large, split, seeded and ripped coarsely, 1 ea.
- Chorizo or other spicy sausage, 4 oz.
- Bay leaves, 2 ea.
- Tomatoes, ripe, diced, or 2 cups/473 ml diced canned tomatoes, 3 ea.
- Saffron threads, ½ tsp.
- Risotto, parcooked or other short-grain rice, 2/3 cup
- 2 whole Maine lobsters (1 ½ lb.), thawed in advance
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup seafood or lobster stock
- ½ lb. Mussels, rinsed and debearded,
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil, as needed
- Defrost whole frozen Maine Lobster by leaving in the refrigerator for 24 hours prior to use
- Separate claws
- Remove and split tail
- Build the base:
- Soften onion, garlic, and celery for about 8 minutes
- Add peppers, cook 5 minutes more
- Add chorizo, bay leaves, tomatoes, and saffron
- Add risotto
- Combine stock and juiced orange
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Add lobster and mussels:
- Add claws and tail, spoon sauce over the top
- Tuck in mussels
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes
- Garnish with lemon and parsley
Ready to share!