This is a great Date Night recipe --- time for you and your boo to share some experiences in the kitchen.
- 3 cups seafood stock
- 1 cup mushrooms (white beech, shimeji, enoki, etc.)
- 1–2 cups lobster meat, cooked (steamed or boiled in shell, then shelled) and cut into large pieces
- 1/8 cup shiro miso (white miso paste)
- 2 serving ramen noodles, fresh or dried
- 1 sheet toasted nori (seaweed), cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- other garnishes (baby bok choy & corn)
- 2 eggs (hard boiled or poached)
- Simmer the dashi in a medium saucepan, but do not let it come to a boil.
- Add the mushrooms and lobster to the dashi.
- Place the miso in a small or medium bowl and whisk a quarter cup of the hot dashi into the miso until incorporated.
- Whisk in another quarter cup of dashi. Pour the miso mixture into the saucepan and stir until combined.
- In a separate saucepan, cook the ramen noodles in boiling water (should only take a few minutes).
- Drain the noodles and divvy them up between serving bowls. Ladle the hot soup over the noodles and distribute the lobster and mush rooms in each bowl.
- Tuck two squares of nori on the side of each bowl. Sprinkle green onions over the noodles and place a half tablespoon of butter on top. Arrange your other garnishes around the bowl and top with an egg.