Maine Lobster Fondue
Serves 8 | prep time: 50 minutes
Fondue-night becomes even more indulgent when you add succulent, wild-caught Maine lobster!
- 2 cups bite-sized chunks cooked Maine lobster meat
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 Tbsp. flour or cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1-1/4 cups dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Arrange lobster pieces in serving dish as desired.
- Mix cheeses with flour by tossing together in a large bowl with a fork.
- Crush garlic with a large chef’s knife and then rub on all sides and bottom of the fondue dish or saucepan.
- Pour wine into fondue dish and “turn up the heat” until its bubbles rise to the surface.
- Stir in lemon juice and continue to heat.
- Ever so gradually add cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly over low heat, until melted. Check to make sure it is the consistency you like. If not, add more cheese or wine until it reaches desired consistency.
- If using a saucepan to heat ingredients, pour the hot fondue mixture into a heated fondue dish and serve immediately.
- Serve with lobster chunks, and enjoy!