Serves 8 | prep time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups bite-sized chunks cooked Maine lobster meat
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 Tbsp. flour or cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1-1/4 cups dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Arrange lobster pieces in serving dish as desired.
Mix cheeses with flour by tossing together in a large bowl with a fork. Crush garlic with a large chef’s knife and then rub on all sides and bottom of the fondue dish or saucepan. Pour wine into fondue dish and “turn up the heat” until its bubbles rise to the surface. Stir in lemon juice and continue to heat.
Ever so gradually add cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly over low heat, until melted. Check to make sure it is the consistency you like. If not, add more cheese or wine until it reaches desired consistency. If using a saucepan to heat ingredients, pour the hot fondue mixture into a heated fondue dish and serve immediately. Serve with lobster chunks, and enjoy!