Maine Lobster Enchilada
Recipe by: Derek Campanile | Serves 5 | courtesy of LobsterFromMaine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 chipotle chilis in adobo
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lb. cooked Maine Lobster meat
- 10 corn tortillas
- 8oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350F. In a large pan, sauté shallots and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for about 2 minutes until aromatic, then reduce heat to low. Add in poblano pepper, red bell pepper, and chipotle chilis in adobo sauce. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and heavy cream and simmer until liquid is reduced to half. Stir in sea salt, cumin, and smoked paprika.
- Pour contents into a blender and pulse until completely smooth; bring half of the sauce back to the pan.
- Add lobster into the pan and simmer on low for about 2 minutes.
- Spoon a handful of the lobster to a tortilla, add Monterey jack cheese and roll the tortilla, place seam side down on a 13x9 baking dish. Repeat the previous steps until all enchiladas are made.
- Cover the top of enchiladas with the remaining chipotle poblano sauce, and then add more Monterey jack cheese.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. Enjoy!