Maine Lobster Curry Rice
By: Erin Alvarez, sponsored by the Maine Lobster Marketing Collaborative
In the mood for a unique curry sauce? Ready to take your curry recipe to the next level? You'll love this irresistible medley of savory, rich curry sauce and sweet Maine lobster!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced and seeds removed
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 14 oz. coconut milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 oz. spinach (approx. 2 cups)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 Maine Lobster tails, butterflied and seasoned with salt and pepper
- Saute pepper, shallot, and garlic with oil over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add curry paste, curry powder, and sugar. Saute for 1 minute, then add the broth, coconut milk, and cream and stir to combine.
- Then, add the spinach and stir for 1-2 minutes until it’s wilted, then add the rice and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Use kitchen tongs to fit the lobster into the rice, place a lid on the skillet, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5-10 minutes until the lobster is pink.