- 1 each 1 1/4 lb. live Maine lobster, or Perfectly Cooked Fresh Lobster Meat
- 2-3 ounces lettuce mixture
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 hard cooked egg, sliced
- 4 each artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 cucumber, diced
- 4 ounces Lobster Salad Dressing – recipe below
- croutons for garnish
- 1 lemon for garnish
Maine Lobster Salad Dressing
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 2 tablespoons Cognac
- Steam Maine lobsters for 7 minutes. Clean and save all meat and shells. Cut tail meat into medallions, leave claw meat in whole pieces.
- Toss lettuce mixture with tomato, cucumber, artichoke hearts, the remaining knuckle and body meat from the Maine lobster, and the dressing. Arrange on oval platter.
- Arrange the medallions of Maine lobster meat on top of lettuce mixture creating the form of a Maine lobster using the shell with the claw meat on each side and the tail fin at the base of the medallions.
- Arrange hard cooked eggs, avocado fans, croutons, and lemon wedges around the Maine lobster.
- Maine Lobster Salad Dressing
- Whisk all ingredients together.