By: Chef Tom Gutow | Serves 8
- 4 cups Maine lobster meat, cooked, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup celery, peeled, finely diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon mayonnaise
- 24 slices whole grain or country style bread
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 24 slices apple wood smoked bacon, cooked
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Combine the Maine Lobster meat, celery, green onions, and parsley in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup of the lemon mayonnaise. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Toast the bread. Generously spread one side of each piece of bread with lemon mayonnaise. Top one slice of bread with the arugula, 2 slices of tomatoes, and bacon. Place a toasted piece of bread on top. Add the avocado slices and Maine Lobster mixture on top of that. Place the other piece of toast on top, and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 pieces. Place on the plate with the sandwich open about 30 degrees so the guest can see the filling.