Maine Lobster Caprese Croissant Sandwich
With Mother's Day on the horizon, we're wicked pumped that our friends at KneadGod just hooked us up with another incredible brunch-ready recipe!
Note from the chef: Made with sweet Maine lobster claw meat, pesto, mozzarella cheese, Campari tomatoes, grapefruit balsamic vinegar, and more, this sandwich is the perfect combination of flavors and textures. Plus it's so easy to prepare!
- 6 oz. Maine Lobster Claw Meat
- 1 croissant, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 2-3 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 slices of Campari tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon grapefruit balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro and onion olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chiffonade
- Pinch of flake finishing salt
- Spread the pesto on the bottom half of the croissant.
- Layer the mozzarella cheese and Campari tomatoes on top of the pesto.
- Drizzle the grapefruit balsamic vinegar over the tomatoes.
- Add the fresh/thawed Maine lobster claw meat on top of the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the cilantro and onion olive oil over the lobster.
- Sprinkle the chiffonade basil and flake finishing salt over the sandwich.
- Place the top half of the croissant on top of the sandwich.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Secrets From The Chef:
- Use fresh mozzarella cheese and tomatoes for the most flavorful sandwich.
- If you don't have Campari tomatoes, you can use any type of tomato that you like.
- For a different flavor profile, try using different vinegarettes, such as an 18-year aged balsamic vinegar or other herb-infused olive oils.