Low Cal Cauliflower Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Why not enjoy all the flavor without all of the calories? Your dinner guests don't need to know these are made with cauliflower! Pairs deliciously as a side with your lobster dinner or any seafood dish.
Serves 8 | courtesy of our friends at Skinny Taste
- 1 ½ pounds cauliflower florets (about 7 cups)
- 1 large clove garlic, quartered
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place cauliflower and garlic in a food processor. Process until finely grated. (You may need to do this in batches.) Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover loosely and microwave on High for 4 minutes. Let cool slightly. Transfer the cauliflower to a clean kitchen towel and wring out excess moisture. Return to the bowl and stir in 1 cup cheese, eggs, chives, arrowroot (or cornstarch) and salt until thoroughly combined. Using about 1/3 cup batter for each, mound into 2 1/2-inch biscuits on the parchment paper, leaving about 1 inch between each one, until you have 8 biscuits. Sprinkle tops with the remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Bake until browned and crispy around the edges, about 30 minutes.