Ready, bake, enjoy.
Not all recipes need to be fancy or time consuming to be delicious. This is another play on a classic dish, and by play I mean the recipe has lobster and a few tweaks to make the sweet and spicy sausage pair wonderfully with succulent lobster!
Wine & Beer Pairing: Champagne, Viognier, or Unoaked and buttery Chardonnay. For beer go with a lager or German Wheat beer.
- Hand picked lobster meat, diced small: 1 cup
- Italian peppers, halved, seeds removed: 6 ea
- Sweet Italian Sausage: 2 links
- Spicy Italian Sausage: 2 links
- Onion, diced: ½ ea
- Cajun Seasoning: 1 tsp
- Parsley, chopped: 1 Tbsp
- Thyme, chopped: 1 Tbsp
- Jack cheese, shredded: 1 cup
- Salt & FGBP: t.t.
For the Peppers:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the peppers to the water and lower the temperature and cook until the peppers are cooked 50%
- Remove the peppers and place in a lightly greased baking dish cut side up.
For the Main Event:
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat then add crumbled sausage and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in onions and cook until onions are translucent and the sausage has browned.
- Add sausage and onions to a large bowl, combine lobster meat, seasoning and season to taste.
- Stuff the peppers with lobster and sausage mix. Top with shredded cheese and place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- Add more cheese on top and cook for another 1 minute.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and serve.