Holiday Lobster, Mushroom and Leek Stuffing
We’re not asking you to chuck the bird; just get the Maine lobster in the stuffing!
- 2 cooked Maine Lobster Tails, de-shelled, diced
- Hot water: 1 ½ cups
- Dried mushrooms (any kind): ½ oz
- Butter: 2 sticks
- Shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, sliced: 1 LB
- Cremini mushrooms, sliced: 1 LB
- Leeks, washed, diced: 1 ½ cups (use only lighter green and white parts)
- Garlic, minced: 6 cloves
- White wine: 1 ¾ cups
- Brandy: 1 ounce
- Sherry: 1 ounce
- Thyme, minced: 1 TBSP
- Baguette, small diced: 16 ounces—approx. 1 ½ baguettes
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Salt & FGBP to taste
For the Main Event:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the hot water over dried mushrooms and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Remove dried mushrooms from the liquid and chop them fine. Save the liquid.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add in shiitakes and cremini mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes until they start to develop a nice color and release liquid.
- Add leeks and garlic into the pan and cook for 5 minutes until aromatic and softened.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine, brandy and sherry.
- Add in chopped dried mushrooms and thyme and cook until the majority of the liquid has evaporated.
- Turn off the heat and add lobster tail meat and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mix in bread and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Once you have nailed down the seasoning, mix in the egg.
- Transfer the mixture into a well greased glass baking sheet. Add in 1 cup of the reserved mushroom liquid to moisten the mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes uncovered.
- Remove from the oven once done and let sit for 10 minutes before serving for your holiday gathering!