Guinness Butter Dipping Sauce
A hopped up dipping sauce for your lobster that is sweet and salty thanks to Guinness.
- YIELD: 1 pint
- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- CATEGORIES: Guinness, dipping sauce
- DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Very easy and a good arm workout!
- Guinness draught 4 Tbsp
- Butter, cubed 1 lb
- Roasted Garlic, minced 2 cloves
- Salt and FGWP t.t.
- Preheat your oven to 425 Degrees.
- Split a whole head of garlic in half lengthwise and toss with oil, salt and pepper.
- Wrap the garlic fully in foil and place into the oven for 25-30 minutes until it has become golden brown and soft. Let the garlic cool before squeezing it out and chopping it.
- In a small pot over medium heat bring the Guinness to a bubbling simmer.
- Add in 1 small cube of butter and whisk until the butter begins to emulsify with the beer.
- Slowly add in a cube at a time and continue whisking to melt and emulsify. As you add go along you can starts to add more cubes at a time.
- This technique is a little tricky because you do not want to let the mix to get too cold or too hot because it will break. If it does break and starts to look a little greasy add in a tsp of warm water and whisk.
- Once you have emulsified all of the butter in and you have a nice creamy dipping sauce whisk in the roasted garlic and season with salt and freshly ground white pepper.
- Hold warm and serve as a dipping sauce in place of draw butter for your freshly cooked lobster or crab!
- Baking sheet
- Small pot
PRO TIPS: This butter can be used as a sauce for tossing cooked vegetables in or even mixing into mashed potatoes. If you have left over sauce you can cool it and then use it like you would clarified butter. Get crazy and make a large batch and slowly butter poach your lobster in it!