Fresh Maine Lobster Wraps
Vibrant and oh-so-fresh with just the right amount of crunch. This lighter take on the traditional Maine Lobster Roll is as delicious as it is easy to prepare. Best savored outside on the patio or deck with a cool drink in-hand.Original recipe by: Erin Lynch; provided by: Maine Lobster Marketing Collaborative
Makes 12 rolls
- 1 pound cooked Maine lobster meat, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- ¼ head purple cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 12 Jicama wraps or use butter lettuce leaves
- 24 large basil leaves
- Cilantro sprigs
- Sliced limes, for serving
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
1. Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Prep all veggies. Fill a large bowl with warm water.
3. Lay 2 basil leaves along the bottom third of each jicama wrap round, then top with the remaining toppings, leaving about an inch from each side.
4. To roll up, fold sides of wrap round toward the center. Then, starting at the bottom, roll up. Set aside and repeat until all fillings have been used.
5. Serve with sauce and lime wedges on the side.