Fresh Maine Lobster Over Angel Hair Pasta
Simple, light, and yet full of flavor, this easy-to-prepare meal makes a sophisticated statement all on its own.
- The cooked meat of 4 to 5 lobsters (Use large pieces and whole claws if desired.)
- 8 Tbsp. quality olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 LB angel hair pasta
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine (A good chardonnay works fine.)
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach, chopped
- lemon juice and grated lemon zest to taste (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Romano and/or Parmesan cheese
In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil and butter until golden brown. Add the wine and salt and pepper and reduce to about one quarter of liquid is left. Meanwhile, cook the angel hair pasta to your liking. We at GML like al dente. Reserve 2 Tbsp. of pasta water and add to reduced wine mixture. Add the chicken broth and reduce until about half the liquid is left. Stir in your greens, lemon juice and zest and cook until greens are just wilted. Add pasta to a warmed large pasta bowl and then pour white wine sauce over that. Lightly toss the mixture to completely coat pasta. Sprinkle cheese over pasta mixture and toss lightly. Enjoy!
Yield: 6 servings.