Curry Lobster Grilled Cheese
- Maine Lobster, claw & knuckle meat, cooked and chopped: 1/3 lbs
- Ciobatta bread, halved: 2 ea
- Curry mayo: 2 Tbsp
- Fennel, 1/8 inch slices: 1 ea
- Cheddar, sliced: 4 slices
- Butter. Room temp: 3 Tbsp
- Salt and FGBP: t.t.
- Mayonaise : 1 cup
- Madras curry powder: 2 tsp
- Cayenne pepper: t.t.
- Lemon juice: ¼ tsp
- In a small bowl add the mayo and sprinkle in your curry while whisking to full incorporate.
- Store in a jar or pint container, refrigerated.
- On each side of the bread spread a layer of your curry mayo.
- Add a piece of cheese to each side, this is a protective layer so it will melt fully and not dry out the lobster meat.
- Place an even layer of the lobster mix on the endive and top with your fennel slices.
- For perfect sandwich construction you want a bit of everything in each bite.
- Butter the outsides of the sandwich and season with salt.
- In a non stick pan heat 1 Tbsp of oil over medium heat. Add the sandwich into the pan and brown. Once the first side is nice and golden brown carefully flip the sandwich and brown the other side. At this point I like to use a heavier pan or something to press the sandwich down. Once the other side is brown and the sandwich is heated through. Note you do not want the lobster meat hot but warm. At the same time you want the cheese melted.