Crispy Crusted Haddock
- Haddock, or Pollock fillets: 2 ea
- Panko bread crumbs: 1 cup
- Lemon zest: from 1 lemon
- Parsley, finely chopped: 2 Tbsp
- Cornstarch: ⅓ cup
- Egg, beaten: 1 egg
- Olive oil: as needed
- Butter, unsalted, cubed: 2 Tbsp
- Salt & FGBP: t.t.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Toss panko, lemon zest and parsley together.
- Using three different flat containers divide cornstarch, egg and panko keeping each separate.
- Season the fish with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Dip the skin side of the fillets in cornstarch, then egg wash, then in panko to create a nice crust.
- Add oil to a saute pan large enough for both fillets and place over medium-low heat. Add fillets crust side down and cook for 5-7 minutes until the panko begins to dehydrate a bit.
- Add in the cubes of butter to the pan and transfer to the oven and cook for 5 more minutes until the fish is opaque, tender and warmed through.
- Carefully remove from the pan and serve.