Courtesy of Tablespoon.com
- 12 mussels
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/2 rocoto pepper, deveined and chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup loose corn kernels
- Juice of 3-4 lemons
- 1 tablespoon ground ají amarillo (Peruvian pepper)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Wash mussels with a brush. Bring them to a boil in a pot of water. Remove them from the pot as soon as they start to open so they don’t over cook. Discard unopened ones. Let cool opened mussels and place half of them on a serving platter.
In a bowl, combine onion, rocoto pepper, tomato, parsley, corn kernels, lemon juice, ají amarillo, oil, salt and pepper. Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
Add 1 tablespoon of the salsa mixture to each mussel. Serve and enjoy!