Chilled Maine Lobster with Orange & Basil Vinaigrette
Keep your cool with this refreshing Maine lobster recipe. Simple and delicious, you might want to put this one in your weekly dinner rotation!
Recipe by Erin Lynch; courtesy of Maine Lobster Marketing Collaborative. Serves 4.
Ingredients: 1 pound cooked Maine lobster meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn, for serving (red or green)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together shallots, olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, basil, parsley, salt, and dijon. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Add lobster, toss to coat, and chill for at least 1 hour (or up to 1 day).
- When ready to serve, arrange the lettuce on a serving plate and place the lobster on top. Sprinkle with avocado and radishes, and serve.