Butter Poached Lobster Tails
- 3 large lobster tails cut in ½ in the shell
- 1.5 stick of butter, melted
- Herbs of your choice: tarragon, dill, parsley, cilantro, basil or a mixture of all
- In a skillet melt the butter on low heat.
- Once melted add the tails flesh side down and cook on low heat spooning butter over the shell once in a while for about 10-15 minutes
- Turn the tail on shell side and continue basting. The tails are ready when the shells are bright red and the lobster meat is firm and opaque.
- Serve directly from the pan with lemon wedges, herbs and crusty bread
- Note: You can also take the tails out of the shells. Turn the heat to medium high and deglaze the pan with 1 cup of wine, heavy cream or stock to create a thick sauce, return the tail to the pan and serve.