When you are looking for a new way to cook and experience salmon, this is a simple and elegant technique to try. The fish steams gently in the heat of the grill, staying incredibly tender and moist. It also picks up smoky flavors from the grill and woodsy flavors from the cedar. Here is step-by-step preparation of our salmon steaks on a cedar plank.
- Soak the Cedar Plank: very important. Soak in tap water for 1 to 2 hours.
- Spark the Grill: bring to 350-degree heat
- Lay the Cedar Plank on the Grill
- Place Salmon on the Cedar Plank
- Grill for 12 - 15 Minutes: Grill until the salmon is uniformly pink in the center. Start checking the salmon for doneness after about 12 minutes. Small or thinner fillets will cook more quickly than larger or thicker cuts.
- Pull from Grill and ENJOY!