Bánh Mi Style Maine Lobster Roll
In case you want to try something a little different...
- 4 Cups Cooked Maine Lobster
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- 1/4 Cup Fish Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Mint Chopped
- Thai Chile Peppers
- 4 Vietnamese Style Baguettes
- Pickled Carrot and Radish
- 1 Cup Matchstick Cut Carrots
- 1 Cup Matchstick Cut Radish
- 2 Cups White Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Pinch Sugar
- 1 Clove Garlic
- To make the pickled carrot and radish mixture, cut the veggies, and heavily salt them. A half hour later, drain and rinse them.
- In a bowl, mix the vinegar with the salt and sugar and microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the veggies and let them sit for an hour or so.
- Chill and use. Mix the coconut milk, mayo, fish sauce, and fresh mint.
- Put your lobster in a bowl and pour like half of the sauce over it. Mix it up and see where you are at. You want the lobster to be only lightly dressed. Add more sauce as needed but be light handed with it
- The rolls were lightly toasted on the outside, and filled with cucumber, cilantro, chile peppers, and pickled carrot and radish. And of course, tons of the lobster.