Route Shipping Insurance
Why and what is Route shipping protection?
You might be wondering why you need to pay an extra fee to ensure your package with us. And we feel you here. Consider it peace of mind for these perishable orders that could be delayed or damaged in transit. If a claim is approved, you can receive a refund (minus any shipping and insurance costs) or a full replacement order. Since September, hundreds of transportation issues have been successfully resolved by Route representatives. Which only proves that the actual value of this protection is far bigger than it's low cost!
What is covered by Route?
There are 4 main issues covered:
- Your shipment delivered a day or more late and the product is spoiled
- Your shipment and/or items were damaged in transit (pictures are required to submit claims)
- Your shipment was lost in transit and never delivered (tracking details required)
- Your shipment was stolen after delivery (proof of delivery required)
Note: Pictures of the package and items are required to submit a claim.
How and when to submit the Route claim?
The process of submitting a claim is pretty straightforward:
Claims can only be submitted after tracking details show a shipment has been delivered or discarded. Lost shipment claims can be submitted after the original delivery date has passed.
- Use this link to open a claim page
- Enter your email address and order id (starts with “GML”)
- Choose a reason for the claim
- Provide details and information on what happened. Specify if you’d like to set a reship or if you want to get a refund
- A Route representative will respond back to you within a day or two.
You are eligible to submit the claim when:
- Your package status is “delivered” but you cannot locate it nearby your house
- Package and/or items arrived damaged (photo required)
- Order is delayed for more than 2 days with no tracking progress on the website
- Package was stolen from your residence after delivery
How is Route price calculated?
Price is based on the selected products price. Usually, it’s about 2.5% of the order total.
Is Route obligatory?
No. Route protection is automatically added to each order, but you can still deselect it at the checkout by switching the toggle to “Off” mode (see the screenshot below). Still, we do recommend keeping it for your own good. It’s peace of mind when weather delays may be an issue
Note: If you intentionally deselect Route and some problem that might have been covered happens during the transit we won’t be able to help with a reship or refund.