Vibrant and oh-so-fresh with just the right amount of crunch. This summery take on the traditional Maine Lobster Roll is as delicious as it is easy to prepare. Best savored outside on the patio or deck with a cool drink in-hand.Recipe by: Erin Lynch; provided by: Maine Lobster Marketing Collaborative
Makes 12 rolls
- 1 pound cooked Maine lobster meat, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- ¼ head purple cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 24 large basil leaves
- Cilantro sprigs
- Sliced limes, for serving
- ¼ cup tahini (or peanut butter)
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
1. Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Prep all veggies. Fill a large bowl with warm water.
3. Working one at a time, dip a rice paper wrap in warm water until it becomes pliable, about 10 seconds.
4. Lay 2 basil leaves along the bottom third of the softened rice paper round, then top with the remaining toppings, leaving about an inch from each side.
5. To roll up, fold sides of rice paper round toward the center. Then, starting at the bottom, roll up. Set aside and repeat until all fillings have been used.
6. Serve with sauce and lime wedges on the side.