Maine Lobster and Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Makes 8 servings
- 3/4 cup melted butter, divided
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 pound Maine lobster meat, cleaned and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Brush a large baking sheet with about 1/4 cup of melted butter. Arrange mushroom caps in a single layer over the baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the crushed croutons, remaining 1/2 cup butter, shredded cheese, crabmeat, Maine lobster and garlic. Spoon into mushroom caps where the stems used to be.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned on the top. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired, and serve hot!