Herbed Lobster Roll
- 1 c. cooked Maine lobster meat, cut into 1 inch pieces (if you have leftover knuckle meat, this works wonderfully)
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon each finely chopped fresh tarragon, chives, parsley and chervil
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Optional: Cayenne pepper and lemon juice, to taste
- 2 hot dog buns or brioche rolls
- Salted butter
Gently combine first 7 ingredients in a mixing bowl. Let mixture sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes. Meanwhile, split the hot dog buns or brioche rolls and spread a generous amount of butter on the split sides. Place them buttered side down on a griddle or skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp. Alternatively, you can broil the buns buttered side up until golden brown.
Stuff the buns/rolls with 1/2 the lobster mixture each. Serve immediately.
Beer suggestion: Allagash White